• Williston's alternate to the Chittenden County Regional Planning Commission, a group that coordinates plans for transportation and development activities. Former Chair of the Public Participation Plan Committee.
• Graduate of Emerge, a program for promising women candidates who are Democrats.
• Graduate of the Vermont Leadership Institute, a program of the Snelling Center, which provides information about Vermont’s most pressing issues.
• Graduate of Stanford University with distinction in three years with a Bachelors degree in Communication.
• Graduate of Fuller Theological Seminary with a Master of Divinity degree.
• Completed a fellowship at Cambridge University, England.
• State Senator, Chittenden District, serving on the Health & Welfare Committee and the Education Committee, as well as co-chair of the Vermont Child Poverty Council.
- Former Williston Selectboard member, serving for 6 years. Also served as Chair of the Affordable Housing Task Force, Chair of the Housing Trust Fund Committee, and a member of the Planning Commission for 5 years in Williston.
• Executive Director of Vermont Interfaith Action, a non-profit that mobilizes community members at the grassroots to tackle systemic change on issues like economic dignity, housing, health care, transportation, education, and criminal justice reform.
• Former business owner of a communications consulting firm overseas and a film production
company in Vermont.
• Past Member of the Board of Directors of the Vermont Conference of the United Church of Christ, the statewide collection of 142 UCC congregations. The UCC is one of the most progressive mainline Protestant denominations and was the first to ordain people of color, women, and LGBT persons.